To foster exchange among the Austrian STS community and increase its visibility, STS Austria will financially support 1-2 academic events in 2023. A total of € 1,500 is available for this purpose. Only members of STS Austria are eligible to apply, but potential co-organisers of the event do not need to be members. We will fund different kinds of events (workshops, conferences, lectures, roundtable discussions, working groups) supporting the mission of STS Austria. In particular, we invite applications for events which a) address early-career researchers, b) involve cooperation between different institutions and/or c) take place outside of Vienna.
Your application should contain the following:
- Title of Event
- Abstract (300–500 words), addressing the following: description of the topic/theme, how the event relates to STS Austria’s organisational mission, the kind of event planned (workshop, discussion, lecture) and elements of the program (presentations, keynotes, inputs, work assignments, …)
- target audience and expected number of participants
- a rough schedule of the organisational steps (e.g. deadline of CfC)
- Names, affiliation and contact info of organisers
- Date and duration of event
- Venue/location of event
- Envisaged budget (budget overview, specific costs to be covered by STS Austria, as well as other sources of funding)
In 2023, we are considering submissions on a rolling basis. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed by the STS Austria board members.